Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6.

I have a quick minute before I turn into Rambo Mom with my side kick Bleach.

This morning, I am changing out of my dress pants and back into work out pants.
I have really been enjoying the 'Working' part of my life.
This morning it was a walk through on a new build.
I love those.
And best of all, that great family will again be in our hood.

In walking through that beautiful new home,
I wondered if there is a chance I can make this house look new again?
I think so.
My home needs that 'new house smell'....and more shelving.

Yesterday, I did my best to follow the spirit.
After my morning prayer, I went to my journal to write down my impressions.
I felt strongly that I should write a note to each of the kids and leave it on their pillows with a treat.
It took me some time, but I wrote them all a heart-felt message.
When they got home, I asked them to make their beds.
They each came back and gave me hug.
They helped in the kitchen and came in to dinner.
(I am making dinner again.)
Our days are never picture perfect, but the overall feeling was good.
We had a great afternoon.

Here's the real key to raising happy kids:
Love Them.
It's not hard here. These kids are amazing.

On busy nights, I spend the day wearing the littles out so they can go to bed early.
Last night was a concert....which was fabuloso.
And football began.
Little peeps can't always sit for concerts or practices.
It's the challenge of raising kids in such a large age spectrum.
Dinner at 4pm and 5:30 bedtime.
Do you know the level of activity that is required for wearing out kids sufficiently enough that they can barely keep their eyes open past 5:30 pm?
It's a lot.
But every kid deserves a good, long, happy day.
Some just end or begin earlier than others.
It's all good.
But I wear myself out pretty well most days.

The big boys l.o.v.e. football.
They mentioned that practice wasn't very challenging.
Apparently wrestling practice is much more demanding.
Colin did say he cramped up on the run.
He said that they take very few water breaks in their 1.5 hour wrestling practice,
and he thought he drank too much because they had so many water breaks at football.
Okay?
It looked pretty grueling to me.

Well, my legs are burning from yesterdays work out,
and the day is long ahead of me.
(Yep...the stairs are a killer today.
As is:
Kneeling to change a diaper...
Holding someone on my lap...
Walking.
Breathing.
What was I thinking?)

Happy Tuesday March 6th.
Tomorrow is Wednesday March 7th.
You know what that means.....
"Change the light bulbs and fix the garage door opener" Day.
I love that day.
It's so cheerful and bright.

Have a good one.

6 comments:

Dan Glenn said...

If it makes you feel any better...my legs are in pain tonight too.

Thanks for the work you put in everyday. See you soon!

The Glenns said...

Thanks for changing the lightbulbs and fixing the garage door.

The Glenns said...

Can you pull the weeds and empty the trash now?

Kristal said...

please raise my kids! Leave them treats and sweet notes on their pillows, wear them out, love them, clean them, and feed them!!!

You're amazing!


I'm giving myself one more week til I go back to volleyball, then 2 more after that til I work out hard! I HAVE to lose this extra 40 by June.

Kristal said...

oh, ok, yea, now I just read the comments...you and your husband....ok....

also, can you love and nurture my husband? (that didn't sound right)...but seriously, he's (along with myself) feeling some major neglect these last few months.

again, you're amazing!

Kristal said...

oh, ok, yea, now I just read the comments...you and your husband....ok....

also, can you love and nurture my husband? (that didn't sound right)...but seriously, he's (along with myself) feeling some major neglect these last few months.

again, you're amazing!