Wednesday, May 13, 2009

7 + 7

Today is the day we eat Jagerschnitzel at Bavarian Point.
Dan gives me roses and opens my car door.

Happy Anniversary.
14 years of crapola.
I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Remember the week in Puerto Vallarta?
And I only wanted to eat at the American restaurants.
And I learned how to play chess.
Remember when we thought is was a really good idea
to load up a Uhaul and move to Salt Lake
without an apartment or jobs?
And how confused we were that no one understood?
And then when we pulled away from Phoenix,
I didn't quick crying until we got to Flagg.
Remember our first 6 months playing wiffle ball at our favorite park?
And we almost starved to death.
But we didn't.
Those were my favorite months.
Remember our classes together at ASU?
And you always got better grades.
And we ended up with the same degree,
because we think so much alike.
Remember all our projects?
The houses, the yards, the gardens,
so many hours painting.
Remember all the long nights before our babies were born?
And then they were here,
and we were changed.
And how we used to be normal?
But now we have little friends that will never leave us.
Remember how amazing you made me feel?
Except that never changed.
And you still amaze me everyday.
Remember how you promised me that someday, I would play Amazing Grace on the piano while you sang it in front of an audience, because really old people get away with stuff like that?
And how you will feed me yogurt in the old folk's home and laugh because yogurt makes me gag, but I won't remember that when I get that old?
So I am looking forward to getting really old with you.
Because I think you are funny.
And I love you.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Happy 14th Anniversary to both of you. I hope you are blessed with many many many more!

Kristin said...

Oh Happy Anniversary. I even saw you today and didn't tell you. Sorry 'bout that. What a sweet post. You are a great writter. I have just discovered your blog and I love reading it! Thanks for sharing...

Nikki said...

That is awesome!! Happy Anniversary. In this day and age, that's a HUGE accomplishment, and that's not even mentioning the 7 kids too!! Congrats to you both. I remember when you lived up here and you drove all the way down to Provo to pick me up. The 3 of us squeezed into the front seat of your truck and we drove all the way back to Bountiful. We are frozen custard at that place. Good times. I am so glad you guys are happy. Dan's a good guy and he's super lucky to have a girl like you!!

DeANNA said...

YOU ARE SO SWEET. I LOVE THE WAY YOU WROTE THIS. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY TWO FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD THAT I DON'T KNOW AND WHO DON'T KNOW ME!

YOU ARE JUST ONE HELL OF AN INCREDIBLE WOMAN!

ENJOY YOUR DAY TOGETHER!

Dan Glenn said...

Happy Anniversary Elizabeth!

Kristina said...

YOur blog of so fun to read! You are a great writer. Happy Anniversary!